Is it a seller’s market? A buyer’s market? Depends on the day and which media outlet you happen to be listening to. One thing is sure the market is changing. Here are some ways to know what kind of market it is:
These are the signs of a buyer’s market
High inventory or more than six months of inventory currently on the market.
Sale prices are higher than active listing prices.
Lower closed sale numbers.
Declining median sales prices.
Higher DOM or days on the market.
Here are some signs of a seller’s market
Low inventory or less than six months of inventory currently on the market.
Sale prices are lower than active listing prices.
Higher closed sale numbers.
Increasing median sales prices.
Lower DOM or days on the market.
These are signs of a balanced market
Three to six months of inventory is currently on the market.
Sale prices are similar to active listing prices.
Stable sales numbers.
Flat median sales prices.
Days active on the market are approximately 30 to 45 days.
If you want to know how to figure out the months of inventory there is a simple way to do that.
Take the total number of active listings and the total number of sold or closed transactions on the market last month.
Divide the number of total listings by the number of total sales, which results in the number of months of inventory remaining. Then you can determine what type of market it is.
Charming, meticulously maintained 2 car garage, expanded cape! This 2,046 square foot home sits on a 6,380 square foot lot featuring pristine oak hardwood floors, updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances, 3 over sized, sunfilled bedrooms with generous closet space, 2 full baths, 2 wood burning, brick fireplaces, lawn irrigation, newer water tank (2010), 5 year old roof, partially fenced in yard all located within the desirable Dallin School district and just steps from the Hibbert street playground!
This is a Cape style home and features 8 total rooms, 2 full baths, 3 bedrooms, 0.15 Acres, and is currently available for $729,000.
For complete details click here.
Wellesley MA ListingWellesley, MA - $3,200 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:13 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,650,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/15 hours agoWellesley, MA - $525,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/16 hours agoWellesley, MA - $759,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/17 hours agoWellesley, MA - $3,500 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:4 - Baths:28 hours ago
Newton MA ListingsNewton, MA - $1,950 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:11 hour agoNewton, MA - $1,800 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:11 hour agoNewton, MA - $3,600 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/15 hours agoNewton, MA - $2,400 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:15 hours agoNewton, MA - $3,400 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/15 hours ago
Natcik MA ListingsNatick, MA - $499,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:21 hour agoNatick, MA - $560,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:22 hours agoNatick, MA - $419,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/15 hours agoNatick, MA - $1,500,000 - Land - Acres:3.615 hours agoNatick, MA - $3,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/16 hours ago
- Commerce Insurance starts selling life insurance August 22, 2014The state's dominant auto insurer is branching into life insurance this week as it faces greater competition from large national companies such as Geico and Progressive Insurance in its traditional business. […]
- Hudson: 'Author Talk: Murder in Wellesley' at Hudson Library August 22, 2014The Hudson Public Library, 3 Washington St., will hold an author talk on "A Murder in Wellesley" Tuesday, Sept. […]
- Tough timing on that Wellesley High house naming announcement August 22, 2014New Wellesley High School Principal had some tough timing for his announcement Thursday mid-afternoon regarding the naming of the new houses at the school that are designed to better align administrators with the growing student population . […]
- Pouring it on: Wellesley water warning brings out the comedians August 22, 2014Nothing gets social media users buzzing like a good juicy Wellesley story, such as news of the tap water warning in town due to positive E.coli test at a town reservoir. […]
- Commerce Insurance starts selling life insurance August 22, 2014
- DrugDev Acquires Award-Winning TrialNetworks Platform, Launches... August 21, 2014LONDON & AUDUBON, Pa. -- -- DrugDev, an innovative provider of technology-driven solutions and the industry's largest network of active global investigators, accomplished several major milestones throughout the first half of 2014. […]
- Cellectar Biosciences posts 2Q loss of $2.1 million August 20, 2014Today's Paper, also known as the e-Edition, is an online replica of the printed newspaper. […]
- Nora Theatre Company to Present Lauren Gunderson's 'EMILIE,' Opening 9/8 August 19, 2014The Nora Theatre Company will present Lauren Gunderson 's Emilie: La Marquise du Chtelet Defends Her Life Tonight. […]
- ARRAY(0x17d8440c) August 19, 2014Katie Barbeau is taking up farming on South Church Street in North Adams. Barbeau is also one of the first to receive a Friends of Animals scholarship toward her studies as a veterinarian technician. […]
- DrugDev Acquires Award-Winning TrialNetworks Platform, Launches... August 21, 2014
- Scientists Figure Out Why Grunts Groan August 22, 2014Some 325 scientists from around the world attending the third International Congress on Soldiers' Physical Performance in Boston came to the obvious conclusion any infantryman knows all too well: The combat load is way too heavy and defies efforts to shrink it. […]
- Southborough police log, Aug. 22 edition August 20, 2014The responding officers checked the area and reported back negative findings. 3:47 p.m. A motorist from Natick, MA was issued a criminal application for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration. […]
- Verizon Wireless 'smart store' to open at Natick Mall August 19, 2014The store is the sixth in New England and will feature interactive zones where customers are encouraged to try out different technologies, ranging from gaming to music and fitness. […]
- These Are The Medtech Industry's Biggest Firers August 19, 2014Boston Scientific, based in Natick, Massachusetts, is one of the largest pure-play medical device firms and has developed numerous devices for a variety of conditions including heart disease, heart attack, peripheral artery disease, asthma, atrial arrhythmia and others. […]
- Scientists Figure Out Why Grunts Groan August 22, 2014