This Single-Family in Wellesley, MA recently sold for $1,100,000.
This is a Garrison style home and features 8 total rooms, 3 full baths, 1 half bath, 4 bedrooms, 0.22 acres, and was sold by
JT Fleming & Company
Moving can be stressful. The best way to not get overwhelmed is to have an organized plan and a step-by-step timeline. A little preparation will help make the move go a lot smoother.
Here is a checklist to help keep you on track:
60 Days Before You Move
- Sort and Purge-Go through every room, decide what needs to come with you and what can go. Make piles of things to throw away and things to donate.
- Plan a Yard Sale-Start planning a yard sale to reduce the amount of stuff you need to move. Some extra money for the move will also come in handy.
- Hire a Mover-Contact at least three moving companies. On-site estimates are better than over the phone or internet estimates. Get each estimate in writing, and make sure it has a USDOT (U.S. Department of Transportation) number on it.
- Create a Moving Binder-Store all of your move-related paperwork (checklists, contracts, receipts) in a binder. You may also want to inventory all of your items with photos or lists.
Six Weeks Before Your Move
- Get Packing Supplies-Determine how many packing supplies you’ll need and designate a room where you can begin to store and organize.
- Take Measurements-If possible get room dimensions of your new home. Make sure large pieces of furniture will fit. Don’t forget to take measurements for appliances too.
30 Days Before Your Move
- Confirm with Mover-Check with your mover the details of your move.
- Start Packing-Begin packing out-of-season clothes and unnecessary items.
- Label-Make sure to label boxes with what rooms the boxes will go in at your new home.
- Start/Stop Utilities-Make arrangements to connect and disconnect your cable, internet and utilities.
- Change your Address- Contact or visit your local Post Office to obtain a Change of Address form. You can also obtain this form online at http://www.usps.com.
- Make Notifications- Change your address to the following: registry of motor vehicles, banks, schools, friends & family, insurance companies, doctors and specialists, cell phone providers, credit card companies and magazine and newspapers.
- Contact Service Providers—Notify landscapers, cleaning services that you are moving, and look for new ones in your new hometown.
Two Weeks Before Your Move
- Call Locksmith- Have your new home’s locks changed on moving day or before.
- Arrange Services- Have a cleaning company prepare the new home before you arrive and tidy the old home after you leave. Arrange for carpet cleaning too.
- Pack the bulk of your items.
- Start Cleaning-Begin cleaning any rooms in your house that have been emptied, such as closets, basements or attics.
One Week Before Your Move
- Pack Suitcases- Finish your general packing a few days before your moving date. Pack suitcases for everyone in the family with enough clothes to wear for a few days.
- Gather Keys- Organize all keys, alarm codes and garage door openers so that you can be prepared to hand them over to the new owner or real estate agent.
A Few Days Before Your Move
- Defrost the Freezer- Empty, clean and defrost the freezer at least 24 hours before moving day.
- Make Payment Plans- You will need to make sure you have made arrangements to pay the mover and have a tip (usually 10%-15%).
- List Contact Info- Write out a list for your movers of things they’ll need: phone numbers, exact moving address and maps.
- Take Inventory- Before the movers leave, sign the bill of lading/inventory list and keep a copy.
- Walk-Through- Do a walk-through of your new home with your real estate agent.
- Layout New Home- Tape names to doors to assist movers in placing furniture and boxes.
- Have Director- Arrange for someone to direct the movers at your new home.
Wellesley MA ListingWellesley, MA - $2,325,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:6 - Baths:7/24 minutes agoWellesley, MA - $1,575,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Garrison - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/11 hour agoWellesley, MA - $1,288,888 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/13 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,795,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:6 - Baths:4/13 hours agoWellesley, MA - $500 - Commercial - Year Built:1900 - Acres:05 hours ago
Newton MA ListingsNewton, MA - $719,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/118 minutes agoNewton, MA - $2,100 - Rentals - - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:1/11 hour agoNewton, MA - $1,600 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:11 hour agoNewton, MA - $1,950,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/11 hour agoNewton, MA - $1,249,000 - Single-Family - Tudor - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/12 hours ago
Natcik MA ListingsNatick, MA - $1,800 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:12 hours agoNatick, MA - $380,000 - Condo - Hi-Rise, Loft - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:13 hours agoNatick, MA - $1,600 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Natick, MA - $179,900 - Condo - Low-Rise - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:1Natick, MA - $489,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/2
- 3 colleges say they're owed $17m in tax credits September 2, 2014A trio of colleges and universities is suing the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, claiming the state agency unfairly denied them millions of dollars in tax credits for environmental cleanup work done on contaminated properties. […]
- Wellesley Fuller Brook Park work gets serious August 30, 2014Wellesley has announced that the section of Fuller Brook Park between Forest Street and Paine Street will be closed from Sept. […]
- Wellesley High student athletes honored by Boston Globe August 28, 2014Wellesley won 69.50 percent of its games and earned its first Globe Scholastic Award, taking Ames Division 2. The award was one of 10 the Globe presented in the 42d year of its Scholastic Awards. […]
- Wellesley Ranks 6th in Boston Magazine's Best Schools List August 27, 2014Boston Magazine, using a formula of test scores, graduation rates, student-to-teacher ratios and other data, published its 50 best public schools in Greater Boston list. […]
- 3 colleges say they're owed $17m in tax credits September 2, 2014
- What's new in Cape schools September 1, 2014When freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors enter Sandwich High School on Tuesday, they'll be joined by seventh- and eighth-graders in what's been called a "school within the school." […]
- New Market Research Report: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (FVE) -... August 31, 2014The company operates senior living communities including independent living communities assisted living communities and skilled nursing facilities. […]
- No bail for suspect wounded in shootout with Lowell police officer August 28, 2014A 23-year-old Lowell man hospitalized with gunshot wounds to his chest and arm after allegedly exchanging gunfire with a rookie Lowell police officer early Wednesday morning will be held without bail until at least Friday, according to prosecutors. […]
- Ari Levin Joins Hammond Residential Real Estate Chestnut Hill Office August 27, 2014Jim Nemetz, manager of Hammond Residential Real Estate's Chestnut Hill office, is pleased to announce that Ari Levin has affiliated with Hammond. […]
- What's new in Cape schools September 1, 2014
- UNIQLO Now Open in Natick August 30, 2014UNIQLO, the global clothing retailer, opened its first two permanent stores in Massachusetts at Natick Mall and The Mall at Chestnut Hill on Friday, Aug. 29. Customers at Natick Mall were greeted with a ribbon-cutting ceremony hosted by UNIQLO USA CEO Larry Meyer, Natick Board of Selectmen Chair Joshua Ostroff, Natick Town Administrator Martha ... (more) […]
- UNIQLO Now Open in Natick August 29, 2014UNIQLO, the global clothing retailer, opened its first two permanent stores in Massachusetts at Natick Mall and The Mall at Chestnut Hill on Friday, Aug. 29. Customers at Natick Mall were greeted with a ribbon-cutting ceremony hosted by UNIQLO USA CEO Larry Meyer, Natick Board of Selectmen Chair Joshua Ostroff, Natick Town Administrator Martha ... (more) […]
- MutualOne Foundation Supports Greater Framingham Community Church Renovation Project August 29, 2014The MutualOne Charitable Foundation awarded $5,000 to the Greater Framingham Community Church in support of renovations currently underway including roofing, exterior repairs, and major accessibility upgrades. […]
- Open Houses in Natick This Weekend August 28, 2014Arthur T. takes back day-to-day operations and welcomes associates back to work to get stores ready for customers once again. […]
- UNIQLO Now Open in Natick August 30, 2014