The news has been bombarded with negative stories about the real estate market over the past few years, but the tides are turning and inventory is now lower than ever. There are still many opportunities for buyers as prices still remain low. For savvy homebuyers looking to buy in the high-end or luxury marketplace there is tremendous opportunity.
If you’ve always dreamed about buying a luxury property but considered it just out of reach, today’s market may has put downward pressure on the prices of higher-end homes making them more affordable than ever. To buy your dream home you will want to have a strategy.
1. Choose your agent wisely.
Your agent is your advocate. You will need an agent who is experienced and successful in the luxury home market. Agents who deal in luxury property have the right knowledge to help you locate and negotiate an offer on a high-end home.
2. Take the time necessary.
The high-end home search may take more time and patience. The supply of luxury homes may be smaller, you may even need to expand your search or rely or your agent to find homes that may not be currently up for sale. The home will be bigger, have more features and thus there will be more to consider in the purchase decision.
3. Prepare the perfect offer.
Cash is king in today’s market. According to the May 2011 REALTORS® Confidence Index from the National Association of REALTORS®, 30 percent of all purchases between mid-April and mid-May of last year were financed with cash. The number was even higher for luxury properties.
Even though many luxury sellers may also be in a distressed property situation they are typically more particular about who was buying their property as well as the final selling price. Use your agent to carefully craft the perfect offer.
Water damage can ruin a home. Water can be one of the most damaging things to a home and if your home is the victim of water damage you must tackle it right away. Serious health risks can be associated with water damage like mold, mildew, and bacteria growth.
If your home has water damage the first thing to do is to get it dry! This may seem obvious, but drying the area out needs to happen as quickly as possible. Not only do you need to dry out the surface or what you can see you have to get deeper. It may seem like your home is dry but damage can happen in walls, wood, carpet and furniture. Insufficient drying can lead to mold and mildew growth, and harmful bacteria. In extreme cases there can be structural damage to the home.
The best thing you can do is to call a licensed water damage restoration specialist to evaluate the damage. Professionals have access to the tools and technology to dry out your home and prevent harmful fungi and bacteria from growing.
Professionals will typically use dehumidifiers, air purifiers, blowers, fans, and special floor driers and cleaners. If the damage is extreme it may require wall driers, sanitizers, and mold and mildew remediation techniques. In this case call the professionals because it is better safe than sorry.
Wellesley MA ListingWellesley, MA - $1,795,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/12 hours agoWellesley, MA - $975,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/12 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,675,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/113 hours agoWellesley, MA - $2,175,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/1Wellesley, MA - $3,300 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2
Newton MA ListingsNewton, MA - $699,000 - Single-Family - Victorian - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:3/155 minutes agoNewton, MA - $999,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:359 minutes agoNewton, MA - $595,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:22 hours agoNewton, MA - $1,599,000 - Single-Family - Tudor - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/13 hours agoNewton, MA - $675,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:3 - Parking Spaces:43 hours ago
Natcik MA ListingsNatick, MA - $1,100,000 - Commercial - Year Built:1900 - Acres:0.093 hours agoNatick, MA - $1,100,000 - Business Opportunity - - Rooms: - Beds: - Baths:3 hours agoNatick, MA - $1,100,000 - Multi-Family - Units:1 - Levels:3 - Parking Spaces:13 hours agoNatick, MA - $430,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:24 hours agoNatick, MA - $900 - Rentals - - Rooms:2 - Beds:1 - Baths:15 hours ago
- Parakeet found, Chihuahua mix lost in Wellesley April 15, 2014Wellesley animal control officer Sue Webb has put out the word that a young parakeet has been found in the Bates Elementary School area , while a Chihuahua mix that recently moved here from Tennessee has gone missing . […]
- Keys gets Noble High School Principal's Award April 15, 2014Noble High School Principal Joseph Findlay has announced that Elijah Keys, son of Robert and Sandi Keys of Berwick, has been selected to receive the 2014 Principal's Award. […]
- Avellone still confident he'll make the ballot April 14, 2014Concerned that some of his supporters might be under a misapprehension that there will be two nominating votes at the June convention, which he said has veered to the left over the years, Democratic gubernatorial candidate Joe Avellone has reached out to delegates to remind them of the rules. […]
- Visions HealthCare replaces Wellesley location with bigger Needham office April 14, 2014Visions HealthCare has opened a new 7,700-square-foot facility at 100 Second Ave. in Needham that's twice the size of the original Wellesley location it is replacing. […]
- Parakeet found, Chihuahua mix lost in Wellesley April 15, 2014
- Cell Phone Shipments Headed For 1 Billion in '06 April 16, 2014Mobile phone shipments worldwide grew 31 percent in the first quarter from a year earlier and will reach 1 billion this year, according to a report Thursday by research company Strategy Analytics. […]
- Women sue lingerie companies over fat-reducing garments April 16, 2014Two Massachusetts women who purchased undergarments infused with capsules of caffeine and vitamins are suing the lingerie companies that manufactured them, alleging the products failed to live up to claims that they would melt away fat. […]
- Beautiful steam-powered mechanical models on auction block April 15, 2014Leavitt Pumping Engine . Very finely built and presented vintage exhibition model of a massive American steam powered waterworks pump designed by Erasmus Darwin Leavitt circa 1895. […]
- Brave New World or California Dreaming? Governor Patrick Proposes... April 14, 2014At an economic development summit earlier today in Newton, Massachusetts, Governor Patrick stated that he will propose an economic growth bill that includes a prohibition on non-competition agreements that discourage workers in high-tech companies from taking their skills to a competitor. […]
- Cell Phone Shipments Headed For 1 Billion in '06 April 16, 2014
- Big change in temps bring wild weather to New England April 16, 2014It's mid-April and a big swing in temperatures made for a slushy commute, and some people even saw snow Wednesday morning. […]
- Dover Rug & Home to Open Second Location in Boston April 15, 2014The new location is conveniently located at 390 Stuart Street in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood -- a stone's throw from Copley Square, public transportation and in the heart of what is being coined Boston's Home Furnishing district. […]
- Trio of New Framingham Police Officers to Start Marathon Monday April 15, 2014On Marathon Monday, there will be more than 90 Framingham Police Officers along the route in town. […]
- Vice President, Syndicated Financial Services April 14, 2014This is a new management position reporting directly to the President/Syndicated Research and encompasses administrative oversight of syndicated financial service offerings based in the Natick, MA office of Phoenix Marketing International , plus: Growth of client relationships insofar as usage and application of research findings as input to their ... (more) […]
- Big change in temps bring wild weather to New England April 16, 2014